Monday, June 23, 2014

The finals weeks here in Tandil

Dear Family,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMI!!! Felíz Cumpleaños!! I hope you had a great birthday and that you enjoyed every moment of it... including the yummy cake that Sofía and Soraya made for you! Looking at the picture of the cake made me hungry!  
  
This week was my 11th month mark on the mission!!!! In just 6 months I will be home! I can't believe that the mission is going by so fast! I feel like I just started the mission and I am still having to learn so much. Literally, the days go by slowly but the weeks are going by so fast. I want to make the most of the time I have left on the mission. I could stay on the mission for another year if I was asked to!
  
Right now in the cybercafé I am listening to a song on the speakers from imagine dragons (it's time to begin..)... reminds me of when I was in Jerusalem!!!

So, Mami asked me to describe a typical day as a missionary here in Argentina. Well, its just like Pablo and Sarah's typical day because we do the same thing! 
  
I wake up at 6:30 in the morning with the black sky and the stars still shining. I don't want to get out of bed because its really cold and the windows are fogged up because of our breathing! My companion and I try to exercise and then we try to get all 4 sisters to shower in an hour (almost never happens). We study from 8 to 9 personally. We then study as a companionship from 9 to 10 (practicing for our lessons, sharing what we learned in personal study, and also sharing some jokes here and there). From 10 to 10:30 we have Spanish language study and then at 10:30 we head out for the day.  Bundled up in 3 sweaters, my jacket, and a scarf, we contact until about 12:30 when start to head to lunch with a member!!
 
I made my own real spaghetti sauce!
After sharing a delicious meal (either pasta: ravioli, spaghetti, gnocchi, fettuccine, or meat of some kind) we head out again and teach the rest of the day. We knock on doors, pass by old contacts, visit less actives, talk to people on the streets and teach investigators. Around 6 pm the sun is down and everyone is inside their houses because its cold. During the day my companion and I tell stories, share spiritual thoughts, are followed by dogs as we go form one appointment to another.
 
We head home at 9 pm, plan for the next day and then go to bed by 10:30 pm.  Each day is so much fun and each day I end up at home exhausted yet happy that we tried our best. I love each and every day in the field. I love getting to know people, talking to them and sharing my testimony. Each moment with my companion is a treat because we just laugh all day! 

This week we had Refuerzos in our Rama. We had "divisiones" with the Sister Training leaders (hermanas entrendadores) and found a lot of people to teach!

This week my companion and I were talking about the purpose of life. There is a phrase that says, YOLO, You only live once!!!  This is true. We only have one life here on earth and we only have one chance. Many people believe that because we only live once you should do what you want and have fun, that its okay to sin a little bit and, oh well, we are going to die anyway.  This is a false way of thinking. It's because we only live once that why mess it up? The phrase is YOLO, you only live once, do it right and choose the right!! Each day is full of decisions. Live each day with no regrets. Do what is right and follow the commandments so that when we return with our Heavenly Father again we can stand before him with no regret and clean of sin so that we may have eternal life. 

I love you all so much!! have a great week!!!

Hermana Zubeldia
 
Even inside our apartment we are bundled up. It is so cold!

There is lots of Zubeldias in Tandil

And Basque stores too.

This is our study table.

And our room. Yes, we keep it clean all the time :-)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment