Monday, April 28, 2014

Tandil...el lugar de sueño!

Dear Family,

Well, this was a great week! Just like Pablo, I love you all so very much!! You are all the best and I want you to know that I am praying for you each night! The weather is changing into fall and the leaves are all falling. Its kind of weird that it is almost May and its fall. We are keeping warm and enjoying the wind. Some members gave my companion and I some warm sweaters and scarves so that we don't get sick. They are the nicest members. They are really taking care of us and really want to help us. Each day we have lunch and sometimes dinner. I think I might be gaining a little bit of weight because of the food! Its just so good!

With fall here we were able to do my favorite fall activity... rake leaves!!! And not just that but we also had a leaf fight with some kids as we rake an elderly members yard! It was a lot of fun to serve and play a little. She was very grateful and said that she will call us in a couple of weeks to rake again!

Beautiful Fall colors in May, and lots of leaves.

We are also moving this week to a new apartment. After almost 2 months of staying in the elders home (they are staying with the elders of another ward) we are finally going to be able to move back to our own home. I am so grateful.

Last week we went to see the Mount Calvario here in Tandil. It is one of the biggest crosses in the world, and I think the second biggest in South America. I didn't really like the cross but the hike up the mountain was beautiful. The trees and nature in Tandil are spectacular. Along the walk up the mountain there are 12 stations of statues representing the last moments of the life of Christ. It was nice to walk up the mountain and think about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. What an amazing privilege we have to get to share this message with the people in Tandil, a message that doesn't end with the cross but with the Resurrection.

This week we found two great families. We haven't been able to go back and visit them but we are wanting to go on Wednesday. They said we could come back and share our message. I am very excited to get to teach them. Our teaching pool is still very small and so I am excited to add more people to teach! I can't wait for them to have the Gospel to bless their families.

As my companion and I were walking this week we were talking about the whisperings of the Holy Ghost. Sometimes we don't listen to the spirit because we are so preoccupied with he little things that clog up our life. Its like listening to music. If we are listening to music all the time we won't be able to listen to the Spirit. I loved this analogy. It is true. The spirit "shows unto you all things what ye should do. (2 nephi 32:5)" If we take the time to listen to the Spirit we will know what we need to do, where we need to go, and what we need to say. It is my goal this week to pay more attention to the whisperings of the Spirit and follow the promptings I recieve.

I love you all so very much. I hope you have a fantastic week! Be safe in Mexico Papi and Sarah!!! Happy Birthday Carlos and Daniel!!!

Te quiero!

Hermana Susana Zubeldia





No comments:

Post a Comment