Monday, April 21, 2014

Posting from Hermana Williams

Happy Easter yesterday!

I'll try to sum up this week as well as I can. So one thing that was really fun was that the sister training leaders came to go on splits with me and my companion so we had one day with a new companion. One of the sister training leaders is my old companion Hermana Harrison:P but because of that I was with the other sister haha. But I learned so much! I learned to trust in myself more and how I can strengthen my confidence because I have a lot of reasons to be confident in my work. Also she taught me how to be more real with people. It might seem like its not that hard but when you are in the moment about to talk to someone you don't know, a lot of times you freeze, and don't know what to say. But the thing is that God is always helping us and if we do our part and trust in Him, we will be given what to say.

This is also something I have studied a lot and wanted to stress in this email. That even if we are not called as missionaries in this moment in time we must always strive to share the gospel. It is a mission we all have as members of the Church. So please always share your testimonies with others and realize that every person whether you know them or not is a child of God who deserves to hear and know this Gospel.

We have found a new investigator. We only have seen her one time as of right now, but she is really kind and sweet. She is from the Dominican Republic and has a good background of faith, prayer, and church attendance. So we are really wanting to help her have a testimony of Joseph Smith and the power of his work as our prophet before and the power of the Book of Mormon... and I'm just going to add that I love the Book of Mormon and the scriptures!

Also we had the prompting to visit an excommunicated woman the other day and literally we felt the spirit with her. She just didn't seem herself and so we shared scriptures of the atonement and just testified of the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that she can find true happiness and many many blessings if she trusts in Him. She knew what she had to do without us inviting her and said she will try to start reading and praying again because really she knows the blessings. She knows the Church is true but just lost sight of her path and we are here to help her get back.

I love this gospel and this chance to teach it to all types of people... and in Argentina!

Remember the sacrifice that was made for us and try to apply it in each and every one of your lives. By keeping the commandments and striving to learn more and become more like Christ everyday!!

Love to all,

Hermana Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment