Monday, April 7, 2014

General Conference and another transfer in Tandil

Dear Family,

General Conference was fantastic!! I really enjoyed everything I heard. I felt like each talk was directed to me in one way or another. I learned so much and really felt the Spirit.  Not only was it fantastic, but we also saw miracles happen at general conference.
  
We had been waiting for 5 investigators to come see general conference. Analia, one of our investigators, and her two children came! She was only there for an hour but had to leave because her kids were getting impatient.  And then, Guillermo, a contact we had made three days ago showed up! He was the last one we thought would show up.  Three days ago as we were going home we decided to knock on one last door. Guillermo came out and we ended up talking for 30 minutes about prophets and the restoration.  We invited him to see the conference and he said he would see if he could go.  We left the house excited and as we walked to the bus stop we realized that we never wrote down his address to go back.  On Sunday we prayed that we could find him and that he would come to conference.  Well, we didn't find him. Right before the last session started, a miracle happened! Guillermo and two elders walked into the church.  The elders had contacted him walking in the street and invited him to the conference which started in 10 minutes.  He said, okay, I will go , but only for an hour.  He came!! Hermana Williams and I were so shocked. We are both so grateful for the miracle!  I really hoped that he liked General Conference.  We will be passing by tomorrow.

I really liked Elder M. Russell Ballard's talk.  I invite you all, to study Preach My Gospel (PMG).  It truly is an inspired book that helps us know how to share the gospel.  I promise you that as you do so, you will feel your testimony strengthened and see the gospel so much simpler and easier to explain.  I liked how he said that the families should at least know what their children are teaching to their investigators.  
  
I also liked Gary E. Stevensen's talk about the "4 minutes of performance" we have here on earth. The actions that we do in our 4 minutes of performance really do determine what happens after this life.  
  
I felt like many of the talks talked about obedience to the commandments and gratitude.  
I also liked Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's talk on discipleship.  Being a missionary is hard work. But because the cost of salvation is so important, missionary work has to be hard. Jesus also suffered for all of us so that we may have a chance to be clean.  Is it worth it to take a stand and have my beliefs set firmly? Yes, It is worth it!!! The gospel isn't easy and is isn't always comfortable but it is definitely worth it!!!  

General Conference really was the boost I needed.  I feel so much better for this next transfer that is starting.  I am staying here in Tandil with Hermana Williams.  I know that we didn't see much success last transfer but I know that this transfer if we keep working hard we will start finding people who are ready to hear the Gospel!!!  This last week we didn't teach that much.  However, we had an amazing experience with a recent convert.  She has been having a hard time right now because her husband's ex wife has been saying that she is visiting a witch and that the witch said that her husband is going to die.  When she told us this, Hermana Williams and I looked at each other and both of us didn't know what to do or say.  We looked at her and started teaching about the atonement of Jesus Christ and that through his power and priesthood we can be families forever.  We watched the move, "For this end was I born." The Spirit was very strong and she thanked us for helping her feel better in her time of need. I am grateful for this experience to help her.  I don't know if what we taught was the best answer to her question, but I know that the study of the atonement can help us in any situation. 

Also, guess what??? I  found my first ZUBELDIA!!!  Her name is Mariana!  She said she wasn't interested in our message but that we could come back and talk to her. She said this only after she saw my name tag! haha One Zubeldia down, 10 more to find!  
 
Te quiero familia!!!! Nos "vemos" la semana que viene!!!

Hermana Zubeldia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment