Monday, September 29, 2014

Miracles in Santa Rosa

Dear Family,

Well, this week has been wonderful. Yesterday, Sunday, was a very special day for me. All the talks in church talked about our purpose in life and about the reason as to why we need to continue our life with faith and hope.

I love being a missionary! I love sharing the Gospel and I love helping people come unto Jesus Christ. The work here in Santa Rosa, Argentina is moving forward really fast. We have been seeing many miracles and have been blessed in so many ways. Our investigators are progressing and moving forward.

My companion is wonderful. I'm so blessed to work with Hermana Godoy.  She teaches me everyday. I admire her desire to serve and her hard work. She had a lot of challenges before the mission and yet she was determined to serve the lord. I pray that one day her family will see what a wonderful daughter they have! I love her so much!

This week my companion and I talked a lot about the purpose of baptism.  During my study time yesterday I was studying about Sin and the need to be baptized and to receive the holy ghost.

Why are we baptized? This is a quesiton we ask many people. Many people are "baptized" when they are babies. Baptism isn't an inauguration ceremony into a certain church. Baptism is for the remission of sins.  Jesus Christ was baptized because he wanted to show us they way to  how we can return to live with our Heavenly Father again. When we are baptzied we are cleasned from sin! After are are baptized we receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost sanctifies us. The Holy Ghost is also refereed to as baptism by fire.

For example, when we want to clean a pacifier we put it in water. But if we want to purify it we put it into boiling water. This cleansing process purifies the pacifier.  Just like this process, when we are baptized we are cleansed, and when we receive the Holy Ghost we are sanctified.

I know that our Heavenly Father loves us so much. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. It is because of him that each of us can change. It doesn't matter how old you are or where you live, we all can change and repent and try harder tomorrow. I know that people can change. I have seen miracles happen.  All it takes is faith in Jesus and determination to change.  Just like my brother Pablo said, The gospel is for everyone!

I love you all so very much! Have a great week!!

Hermana Susana Zubeldia

Hermana Godoy and me in the locutorio writing to you this morning.

Celebrating Hermana Williams' birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment