Tuesday, September 9, 2014

From Hermana Williams

EMERGENCY TRANSFER...and I got caught right in the middle haha

Good day everyone :)

My new companion, Hermana Morgan
Well the story goes like this...we were grocery shopping in Bahía Blanca and we get a call. Hermana Asencios answered and I thought the Elders had told her that Jose Luis was going to be baptized at 6:00....wahhoooo! But no. Hermana looked at me with red eyes and tells me I'm leaving to Santa Rosa, La Pampa at 6:00. Seriously? I couldn't believe her for a while because there were still 3 weeks left of the transfer. And now here I am, in La Pampa- area Santa Rosa 4th ward- with a new companion Hermana Morgan, from Kentucky! We lived together my first transfer in Bahía Blanca (the house with 6 Hermanas) and here we are again together as companions.

So this week has been SUPER interesting and exceptionally difficult. I don't know what it was but when I left, of course I was super rushed and sad (I almost missed my bus and 5 of us missionaries were running to wave it down J oops) But when I arrived here and got all settled, the next morning I was super tired but super pumped!! I just felt that God wanted and needed me here for a purpose.
What has happened is that:

1. I am Senior companion and I was freaking out about that. But I have already learned so much in this position and also learned more that the title "Senior" doesn't mean I have to do it all by myself. My companion still is learning the language but shares thoughts that really help me feel the spirit and teach me. It is super amazing. I am really trying to help her learn the importance of contacting daily and inviting people to baptism!

With Hermana Zubeldia again!
2. We live 4 Hermanas in this house and guess who lives with us....HERMANA FREAKING ZUBELDIA!!! hahaha I can't describe how much of a joy it was to see her and it is to be with her again. Wow, I tell you it just made me even more happy to be here! Her companion is Hermana Godoy from Paraguay.

3. We had a baptism on Saturday and confirmation Sunday!! Her name is Betiana and though I did not teach her much before her baptism I already love her and her 4 cute kids. They are a handful but if you know me, you know I love kids and it's just fun J haha So she is 23, single, with 4 kids and was an investigator for like 5 years before she decided to be baptized. WHAT A MIRACLE. And I was able to be a part of it.

4. There are also 3 other couples listening to us from before I got here that just need to get married and they are good to be baptized! They obviously need more lessons but they have the most important part: the DESIRE. It is amazing! We just really need to be in tune with the spirit to know how to touch them so they can get married now! Because there is NO reason to prolong the day of our repentance, the day we receive so many blessings.

5. All I will say is that our ward has a lot of difficulties. Things that make our work as missionaries VERY hard, and made a lot of members inactive. But one thing I do know is that I'm not going to give up. Because (not by chance) I was talking to Hermana Asencios before I left about focus. She gave me to counsel that I should pray for more trials so I can notice the miracles even more and learn more! Well that is what I did... and a few days later I got transferred here. I know I am here with my companion for a reason and we are going to kill everyone with kindness! We are already finding lots of prepared people and working a ton. I have so much faith and I am so grateful for my trials.

Through leaving a great area, coming in to an area needing lots of work, getting super lost in the area many times, and having people give me sad faces because they want the other missionary that was here instead of me has really just made me understand the importance of this work even more. I understand the Atonement and am really learning how to apply the love and sacrifice of the Savior for ME into my life and my teachings.

I love being here! I love this work! And I am going to continue in it ALWAYS...it is a part of me and I know my life will be forever changed for the decision to serve my Lord and for the people that have come into my life since then.

Jesus only asks:

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and
lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Follow Him:)

Amo a todos… que tengan una semana buenísima!

Hermana Williams

With Hermana Godoy

No comments:

Post a Comment