Monday, September 1, 2014

Dear Family,

What an amazing week my companion and I have been blessed with. We truly are so grateful to be here in Santa Rosa together.  This week we had some great experiences. First of all, I am so happy to hear that you guys are all doing so good. I love your emails and all the fun updates that are happening in the family. I'm grateful that you guys are receiving so many blessings. This week I have been thinking a lot about the experience that Élder Zubeldia had to be with our family in Spain. It truly is a blessing for Pablo to get to share the gospel with our family and to get to spend some time with them. I am so grateful!!!

This week we had a Zone conference with Presidente Parreño y la Hermana Parreño. It was a beautiful conference. We were reminded of our purpose as missionaries and the importance of staying focused in the work. It was a wonderful conference.

Also we attended a beautiful baptism of a 16 year old girl in our ward. Over the past 6 months her family has been baptized and she is the last one to join her family in the gospel. The Spirit was strong in the baptism and you would see her happiness as she came up out of the water. One of the most amazing things to see on the mission is to see how the gospel of Jesus Christ unites the family. I can just imagine my whole family one day accepting this beautiful gospel.

This weekend we are going to help our friend Valentine get baptized! He is the grandson of a member in our bishopric and is going to get baptized this Saturday. He is 8 years old and is super fun! He has tons of energy and loves going to church.

I want to share another experience we had this week as we have tried to be more grateful in our companionship. In the Book of Mormon it says:

38 That ye contend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the name of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you (Alma 34:38)

We have seen blessings as we have tried to count our many blessings in our lives.  Expressing our gratitude has helped us concentrate more in our prayers. As we live in a spirit of thanksgiving we will be happier and see that we really are blessed each and every day.  Each day as I return home, my companion prays and thanks our Heavenly Father for the wonderful blessings we have seen that day. As she prays I realize that even though we didn't see much success on the surface, we were indeed blessed the little everyday moments.

I invite you to express more gratitude in your prayers. As you do so, I promise that you will be happier. Our Heavenly Father really is watching us each day and blesses us as much as he can. One of the greatest blessings that we have is that we have the gospel in our lives and a wonderful family.  I love this gospel. I love my Family and I love being a missionary!

I hope you all have a great week! Know that I am praying for you each and everyday!

Con todo mi amor,
Hermana Susana Zubeldia



Zone Conference

They served us the biggest hamburgers I've ever seen...and I ate it all!!

I made my own empanadas!

They are filled with "choclo" (corn).




No comments:

Post a Comment