Monday, December 30, 2013

Feliz Año Nuevo!!

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, the best part of the week was seeing all of your adorable faces!!!  It was so much fun! I loved talking to all of you even though I could only talk to each of you for about 5 minutes! Why is our family so big?!
 
Well, this week was great! Besides talking to you, we taught a lot of people and found a family of 11 kids!!!  We hope to start teaching them this week. The dad is less active but we haven't been able to talk to him yet.  We are teaching the 3 older kids English and hope that we can start teaching them about the wonderful gospel that will bless their lives!!!
 
Yesterday was a really hard day for my companion and I.  Our investigator Orlando, the one I talked to you about on Christmas told us that he doesn't want to continue learning from us. The story is really long and so I will just tell it to you in the letter I am writing to you. After he told us why he doesn't want to continue, we just bore our testimonies to him that we know that this Church is true. I told him to never forget the spirit that he has felt and to never deny the things that he has learned.  He said that maybe in the future he will start learning again, but right now this isn't for him.  It broke my heart because I know that this gospel will help him.  I know he knows it too, but I know that Satan is trying to get to him with doubt and scare him.
  
One of the things that I have learned this past couple of weeks is the power that satan has.  He is fully engaged in going against this work.  This morning I was reading in the May 2012 conference Ensign and read a talk by Elder Adrian Ochoa.  He said that the best weapon against the enemy (satan) is to actively promote righteousness.  As we stand up boldly for what we know to be true, the Lord will give us power over the enemy. We are part of the Lords Army.
  
Each person we share the Gospel too has the choice to accept it or not.  If they don't accept it, I know that one day the missionaries will knock on their door again, or look in the area book and will share the gospel with them again.  Everyone has their time and everyone will have a second chance. It's hard when people say no, especially when you know they know.  However, I am grateful that we have this great plan of salvation that gives everyone another chance.  Heavenly Father wants all of us to return to him!
  
Last night, as I was laying in bed I was looking at the pictures I have of you family on the wall and I was filled with so much gratitude that I belong to a wonderful family! Thank you for being my family and for staying strong in the gospel!!
 
I am learning so much! My favorite part of the day is my study time!  My challenge is for each of you to study at least 10 minutes each day... read a chapter in the Book of Mormon, read an Ensign article, read a conference talk -- it will bless your life and change your whole day!!!
 
Well, I hope you have a great day!
¡¡¡FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!!!

With Hermana Pinnock at the mission Christmas dinner.

Christmas dinner with the Martinez family.

With Hermana Hadley and Elder Bagley... the missionaries from Kaysville!!! Two darts and one lancer...

Just got back from the day... soaking wet!!!

With Hermana Pinnock in Christmas spirit!! Red and green!

No comments:

Post a Comment