Monday, December 2, 2013

Another transfer in Villa Mitre

Dear Family!!!

Hermana Pinnock, Hermana Silva, and I
Another transfer down!!! I am now on Transfer 4!! In just about a year I will be coming home! The time is flying by so fast.  I am staying here in Villa Mitre I with Hermana Pinnock. I am so excited to get to work here for another 6 weeks! There is so much work to be done and so many people to find and teach.
 
We are still teaching Orlando and Santiago. They are doing great and progressing. Orlando came to church for the first time yesterday and he loved it!

This week was really hard. We didn't teach much and we didn't find any new investigators. It was really hard because it was hot and the sun was shinning. We worked hard each day and when we got home we were so exhausted. Even though we didn't see much success we know we did our best each day and we fell asleep content that we had worked our hardest.
Villa Mitre weather, with a beautiful thunderstorm.

This week I have learned a lot about faith and about being humble.  As we humbly submit to the will of the Lord he will help us through our trials and help mold us. 

I had an incredible experience this week concerning faith in the Lord.  We have an investigator who, after teaching him about the Law of chastity, took the step in the dark with faith and decided to stop living with his girlfriend.  He has such desire to get baptized and has committed himself to get baptized on the 21 of this month! We are really excited for him because he really wants to change and wants to live the gospel.  Seeing his example of faith really taught me the value of living the commandments, with the faith that one day you will see the blessings of your obedience.

Obedience to the commandments really does bring blessings.  Just like Nephi said, the Lord really does provide a way for us to live and complete his commandments.  I know that because I am seeing it in the lives of those we teach.  I am so excited for this next transfer to come! We really want to work hard by using the Christmas spirit! This is going to be such a great next 6 weeks!!

Funny time of the week: making Thanksgiving turkeys...making a Christmas photo for you guys! I am not going to send it yet, but it will come in the mail to you just in time for Christmas!
I am so glad you had a great time in Arizona for thanksgiving!   Even though I am not there with you I know you still had a good time. Sorry Papi that you had to drive the whole way down though...you should have had Sarah or Mami help. haha :)

Just like Pablo asked, I too want to ask: what are you going to give to Jesus this year? Remember that the best gift that we can give to people is the happiness they can find in the gospel.  My companion tells everyone that the message we give them is the best present in the world.  It truly is! I hope you remember the blessings you have.  Share your blessings with the world! As we work in the field together we will bring our friends and family closer to Christ. And when we are in front of him in the last day we will be in front of him together!

Have a fantastic week! Keep reading the Book of Mormon and keep praying to have the opportunity to share the Gospel with someone. Remember the promise given in General Conference about bringing someone before Christmas.
Love
Hermana Zubeldia

PS: Here are a few pictures
Me with Hermanas Rozsa, Marin and Pinnock. Hermana Rozsa is going to another area.


Shelling walnuts, by hand, with a member of our ward.
The missionaries in my zone. The sisters from three adjacent zones.


No comments:

Post a Comment