Monday, December 16, 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

Dear Family,

Yesterday at the concert
Well, this week was fun!!!!  We had a Christmas concert last night and it turned out very well!! I was so happy and excited to be a part of this concert and to sing with other missionaries from two other zones.  There were four wonderful choirs that also sang.  It was a wonderful missionary opportunity and the spirit was really felt in the chapel as the choirs sang.  Sad part of the week, none of our investigators came to church... but we will continue trying and working with them!!!

Well, I get to talk with you next week!!! It is so exciting! I will be skyping from a member's home on the 25th.  She said we can come by in the morning, around 10 or 11 am our time. Her name is Hermana Chaura. I don't know what her Skype name is but I will have her email it to you this week. She has two sons on their missions! She is so great to us sister missionaries!!! What time is better for you to skype? When is Pablo skyping?  Also, the packages wont get here for a couple of weeks because the mail system is on strike here. They just stoped striking this week but they might do it again next week. Either way, the packages will get here sooner or later. :)  Thanks for sending me the packages!!!  Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PABLO!!!!!!!!!

I love this season of Christmas.  As I ponder on what the meaning of Christmas is, I am filled with hope and with love for our Savior Jesus Christ. As we celebrate this wonderful season I am reminded of that night in Bethlehem long ago when the Angel appeared and proclaimed the tidings of great joy to the shepherds that Jesus  our Savior was born in the city of David.  What would it have been like at that moment to hear that the Savior of the world had been born? And at the same time in the Americas the sign was given of the birth that there would be night but the night would be as day.  I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior.  I know that because of him we may live again.  Through Jesus Christ we can be given release of any burden of guilt, sickness, pain and sin.  Through him, we may be given peace and love as we continue on through the trials along the path. Through his atonement and sacrifice we are given the gift of repentance and resurrection, the gift of everlasting life.  He knows who we are and is there every step of the way. It is his purpose to help each and everyone of us to return to live with our heavenly Father again and to experience joy and growth here on earth.  I know that he loves us and because of this perfect love he gave us the most precious gift of hope. Everyone needs this message of Jesus Christ because it is only through Him that we may live again.
I love you all so very much.  I hope that you can think about the wonderful gift of the atonement as we approach Christmas.  I promise you that as you continue to share this wonderful message of Jesus to the world you will find peace and feel more love this Christmas season.  This truly is the most precious gift we can give to our friends and family, the message that our Savior lives and that we can have peace.  Jesus truly is the Prince of Peace (2 Nephi 19:6)

I LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!!!

Hermana Susana Zubeldia
With Hermana Fries. Brooke Nelson taught her during her mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment