Monday, October 7, 2013

General Conference and my Birthday

Dear Family,

Thank you so much! I had a fantastic birthday!! And what made it even better was watching general conference! I am now 21 years old! It is weird to say that. Yesterday, someone asked me how old I was and without thinking I said I was 20. haha
  
Hermanas Zubeldia, Silva, Marin and Rozsa
My birthday was great! I woke up to the sisters in my apartment singing happy birthday with balloons all around me and a cake with a sparkler in it. It was very sweet (both them and the cake).  And then around 11 the elders in the zone called me and sang happy birthday in English to me.  Later, Hermana Parreño, right after conference ended, had the elders who were still at the church sing to me again. My companion said that my face was all red.
  
I love having my birthday during General conference weekend.  It was especially wonderful this time because I watched it from the point of view of a missionary.  The conference talks were all really good.  Elder Ballard's and Elder Holland's talks were really good.  There was a lot of focus on member missionary work and also on preparing our testimonies each day.
The conference was particularly based on maintaining our relationship with the Lord and on how the time has  come to share the gospel with everyone. Right after the last conference session ended our zone leader told us that he had set up an appointment for us at 7 (he told us at 6:55).  The women lived right up the street from the church. Her name is Susana and she accepted to be baptized on November 9!  She had already had the Book of Mormon in her home and she said that she is going to start reading it.  
 
I was thinking of a FHE idea for you guys to do... I would love it if you would all send me your testimonies so that I can glue them into the Books of Mormon we pass out. If you could each do one I could pass out 10 Books of Mormon with testimonies.  You could also do this for Pablo. He would appreciate it just as much as I would!!

  
With my companion, Hermana Silva Hermanas Silva, Marin, Rosza and me
  

I want each of you to know how proud I am that you are reading the Book of Mormon together as a family and separately. It will really bless your life and make a big difference as you study the Book of Mormon, both as a family and individually.  This morning I focused my study on Humility.  I was reading in Alma where Ammon was teaching Limhi and the Lamanties.  Alma was humble and taught with the spirit.  When asked if he was god, Alma said that he was just a man and that he is only teaching the word of god.  The Savior is the perfect example of humility. Read 2 Nephi 9:28-29 and Mosiah 4:11-12.  As we accept the Lord's will with humility, he will help us accomplish the work he has given us to do.
  
Concerning missionary work, I want each of you to really take the commitment given in conference to heart, to invite one person to hear the message of the gospel between now and Christmas. I promise you that as you pray to know who to invite, miracles will happen.  This is the Lord's work, he is more invested in it than we are.  As we, with humility, allow him to work through us, we will see miracles and opportunities all around. 

None of our investigators ended up coming to conference.  They all said they would the morning of, but none of them showed up.  It was sad, but I have to remember that everyone has their agency to choose.  It was a beautiful spring weekend though.  The sun was up, the weather warm and the breeze fantastic. A lot different than the cold that you described! I can't believe that it already snowed! I am going to miss the snow! It's now getting really warm here. 

I am so glad you had a fantastic weekend with Wendy and Jonathan's family at our home.  This weekend was really busy for you all... Brooke's wedding! The funeral for Wendy's brother and general conference! I am glad to hear the primary program was a success! Also, good luck Daniel with your fall performance! you will do great! Levi, keep at it with school and have fun! Carlos, you are fantastic! thank you for your smile and I know that you can do anything if you put your mind to it! Sofía, keep doing your crafts and I know you are a great help to mami!! Soraya, I love you too! Sarah, you are reading the Book of Mormon again! great job! I'm still reading it for the the first time on my mission. Papi, if you keep doing a great job at substituting in school they are going to keep calling you....and Mami, I hope that you are feeling better. I also have had a little sore throat this week. honey and lemon really do work! Pablo, I love you so much! you are a great example to me!!
 
I love you all! I hope you have a fantastic week!!!! And the chocolate chips would be great, and peanut butter too if you want. haha

I love you!!!
Hermana Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment