Monday, October 28, 2013

Another transfer in Villa Mitre I

Dear Family!!
I am still in Villa Mitre I and guess what?? I´m Training!!! My new companions name is Hermana Pinnock and she is from Salt Lake City. Im not really training her but showing her how the work is done here in Argentina and helping her with her Spanish.  She was in the MTC with me but was in Arizona waiting for her visa! She is the third of four kids and her brother is serving his mission in Milan Italy. Because I am left in the area its going to force me to really work hard and stretch myself. Just like Katie said: "To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort and pain."
  
I am excited to learn a lot from this new transfer and excited to start new and find those who are ready for the gospel.  Because I am still new and Hermana Pinnock is new, we are going into this area kind of blind.  Hermana Pinnock and I are ready for miracles to happen this transfer as we put our all into the work.

Hermanas Pinnock, me, Tokailagi, and Hawkins

Right now I am reading in Alma. In Alma 43 Moroni and the Lamanites are preparing for battle. I really liked this chapter because it shows us how Satan tries to attack us and shows us how we can prepare ourselves from the attacks of Satan.  Moroni in these chapters is fortifying the cities with arms and weapons.  As the Lamanite armies were attacking they went to attack the weakest city. However, they were surprised to see that Moroni had fortified the weakest points of the Nephite lands.  Just like the Lamanites, Satan knows our weakest points, he knows our secrets, he knows where to attack to make the most damage.  However, as we trust in the Lord and work each day to strengthen ourselves we will be protected from being attacked from Satan's temptations.  As we read the scriptures daily, pray fervently, count our blessings and head the words of the prophets we will strengthen ourselves. 

Question for the week: How have you been blessed by keeping (the law of the fast, Word of Wisdom, tithing, keeping the Sabbath day holy, or Living the law of Chastity?) I ask this because in one of the Preach my gospel acitivies it asks us to ask our family.
We are still working with Blanca. We taught her about the Law of Chastity and showed he the blessings that come from a gospel centered home and marriage. We had a member with us who knows Blanca who also served her mission. She was a great help! Blanca is really progressing and is wanting to live the gospel. We now need to teach her with her husband.  We have lost contact with Margarita.  We are still going to keep trying to find her because she really wants to change her life as well.

I am so glad that you guys are doing great! Keep up the good work in school, in sanding the swing set and painting it! I am so glad you had a fun time at the halloween party!!! Send me some picutres next week!!  Have a fantastic week!!!

I love you so much!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment