Monday, October 14, 2013

Week after General conference

Dear Family,

I am so glad to hear that you guys are doing great! This week was really good. We worked really hard each and everyday. My favorite feeling of the day is when we return back to our apartment and my body is physically exhausted.  It is at this moment that I realize how much I worked that day and I feel like I did my best for the Lord.  I know that even if we didn't teach as many lessons as we had planned, or that even if all of our plans fall through that, if I work my best, the Lord will be pleased with what I did, because it was my best. 

Miracles happen each day. I promise that as you pray as a family you will see miracles and you will find someone to teach.  I promise you this because it happens to us each and everyday.  I told Sofia that if she wrote down each day one miracle that she saw in her journal she will see the hand of the lord in her daily activities. This week, as we were knocking doors we met a woman.  After talking a bit she let us in.  After talking about prayer and about the plan of salvation we invited her to come to church, and she said yes! She had taken the discussions 20 years ago and was about to be baptized but couldn't because she was living with her boyfriend and wasn't married. She was the miracle of the week! We are also still teaching Graciela's mom.  Graciela bore the most amazing testimony about the Book of Mormon yesterday.  She is truly becoming converted to the gospel as she studies the Book of Mormon each day.  Tears filled my eyes as I listened to her bear her testimony about how the Book of Mormon has changed her life.  She told me that she sees her little son one day being a missionary too. Its remarkable to see the change in the lives of people when they have the gospel. This work is truly amazing! I am so grateful to be part of the Lord's army in this time-to proclaim the gospel to the world alongside Pablo.  To think that you guys are also in the work make me so happy!

Good luck papi at school! I can't believe you are going to be teaching for a couple of weeks at the school! How fun!!

And the funny event of the week...We were walking down the street and saw two girls knocking doors and talking to people.  The first thought in my mind was... oh no, the Jehovah Witnesses again.  Many people don´t talk to us because they think we are Jehovah Witnesses.  Well, as we kept walking I recognized them and realized that they were sister missionaries! Even I, a missionary confused sister missionaries for Jehovah Witnesses!!

Brother Martinez is our Ward Mission Leader
Yes papi, we are working with the ward.  Yesterday our ward mission leader presented the ward mission plan in the ward coordination meeting! I am so happy that the ward now has a ward mission plan! Does Kaysville 3rd ward have one? I bet they do. I didn't even know what a ward mission plan was until the mission.
 
Lunch with the Familia Martinez yesterday
Also, we are eating well. the members feed us each day. and when they don't my companion cooks amazing meals (she is a chef by profession!!!) and also Hermana Marin cooks great!  

I love you so much! Thank you for your prayers and your emails!

Hermana Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment