Monday, September 30, 2013

Its almost spring

Dear Family,

I will send the family history thing to you for the Seely book next week. I am going to write it today during lunch.  Thank you for the reminder last week. I didn't remember about it until this morning.

Also, yes papi, the mission president is trying to change how we work with the members. its going to take time, but with lots of patience and hard work the ward here will soon get to the point of working with the missionaries.  I am trying to work really hard with them and be positive about what the future will bring. 

This week:
 
1. I lost my name tag!! It was raining and it was dark and I realized I had lost my name tag.  I didn't know what to do.  We prayed and decided to retrace our steps to find the tag. Along the way we contacted.  After finding a few people and after retracing 10 blocks in the rain we found my tag in the middle of the road!!! It was a miracle. We then decided to contact one of the referrals we received from the Elders last week when they helped us.  This referral lived right by where we found my tag. Her name is Carolina. She was very interested and we are going to start teaching her.  Miracles always happen.  Maybe there was a reason why I lost my tag and why we went all the way back to teach Carolina.
 
2. Someone said that they were going to call the police on us if we knocked on his door again. :) I wish the best of luck for the sisters who are here next transfer when they knock on his door. 
 
3. We are going to start teaching a girl from León, Spain!! Isn't that cool!  She is married to a less active member of the church.  She wants to learn more about the church and is going to come to General Conference with her husband.  Its great to talk with someone with a Spanish accent again. I am having a hard time understanding the argentinian accent. 
 
4. I am learning so much about all the different religions here.  Here are a list of some of the different religions I have talked to: Catholic, Católico Apostólico Romano, Seventh Day Adventists,  Evangelistas (different branches on each street corner), Bautistas, Testigos de Jeováh, and Umbanda (never heard of this before...I don't know.)
 
5. The weather is raining and cold but we are staying warm!


I don't have much time to write this week because we got to the computers late.  I love you all!! I wrote you all letters and they should be coming soon in the mail!

Alma 8
The people of Ammoníha didn't listen to Alma and they kicked him out of the city.  Alma labored with much spirit and prayed a lot for help.  He sorrowed for the people  but an angel told him that because he was faithful he would be protected.  He was then commanded to go back to the city and cry repentance again.  The Lord gave him a companion (Amulek) and gave them the spirit and power to teach.  I love this story because even though the people say no, we aren't alone in this work. 
In Alma 34, Doctrine and Covenants 6 and Doctrine and Covenants 9.....We need to pray with real intent and have faith that we will get an answer.  Lust like Alma said, begin to exercise your faith...begin to call upon his holy name. To get an answer we need to BEGIN. 

This week, as you prepare for general conference pray and exercise your faith that you will receive answers to your questions. 

I love you all! Have a fantastic week!!
 
PS: Here is a picture with the two other sisters in our apartment,  Hermana Rosza, from Utah, and Hermana Marín from Chile.

No comments:

Post a Comment