Monday, November 4, 2013

Week ?? I don't know what week this is.

Dear Family,
  
I am doing great. This week was a kinda slow week for teaching lessons but we did contact a lot of people and talked with many on the streets.  My companion is doing great as well.  She is learning Spanish and is hard on herself but she is doing great and has progressed a lot. She has helped me a lot especially with enjoying the mission.  She is always smiling and even though she doesn't understand a lot of what is being said she always just bears her testimony and the Spirit is brought to the lesson.  I love it!!
 
Hermanas Pinnock, me, Tokailagi, and Hawkins
Companions are a blessing.  They are always there for you, they help you when you are stuck, when you don't know what to do, they teach you, they have spiritual insights and they help you push on, stretch and grow.  I am blessed to be companions with Hermana Pinnock.
 
Funny thing that happened this week with Hermana Pinnock.  Because she is still learning Spanish she says the funniest things. One night we were having a lesson with a less active couple. She opened up the scriptures randomly and started reading what ever was marked on the page. She read 2 Nephi 9:28.  It was really funny. She started reading and I looked at her like, what? the less actives looked at me and I just smiled. She had no idea what she was reading until later that night when I told her. Haha, she is the greatest!! She just said: You think I can read Spanish, ¿no? I have no idea what I am reading!!!

Contacting on the streets
The weather is warming up here. I am getting a nice tan line on my feet and also on my neck. I am wearing sunscreen but even then, I get burned a bit.  After this summer ends I am going to be pretty tan!  

Just like Pablo said, we also see miracles here.  Everyday miracles happen in one way or another. Heavenly Father is really preparing people and puts them in your path.  And its up to us to open our mouths and talk to them.

This last week as we were walking we said "hi" to a woman. She stopped us, kissed us on the cheek and said Hi Hermanas.  I was surprised for a moment, I didn't know if she was a member, a less active or an old investigator.  She told us that her daughter was baptized Mormon 4 years ago but that she was know less active. She told us that she wanted to us come by her home to teach her and her daughter again. She said she loved the church and went to her daughters baptism. It was a day where we didn't teach any lessons, all of our plans failed and no one wanted to talk to us. Hermana Pinnock suggested that we pray and ask where we needed to be at that moment.  After the prayer we felt prompted to keep going the way we had planned.  We decided to talk to everyone on the path.  With faith we talked with all, knocked on doors and knew that there was someone who we needed to find. I know that heavenly Father will provide as we put our faith in him.

I love you all so much! Thanks for your emails and your prayers and love!!
 
Hermana Zubeldia
 
PS: Week ?? I don't know what week this is. I know that I have only 13 months left! The time flies by fast.
PPS: Here are some more pictures.
 
Zone service project. this is my district and some members. For the project we worked with the municipalidad and cleaned up some neighborhoods.
After contacting a family they gave us roses from their garden. I really like this picture of me and my companion.
Not everything is work, work, work. We can be goofy too!
 
Hermanas Silva, Janampa, me, Marín, Rozsa y Rojas.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment