Monday, August 4, 2014

Tandil - The gospel is wonderful

Dear Family,

My week working with Hermana Zurita!
What a fantastic week!! This week we did Super Divisiones! I worked in another area for a week with another sister (Hermana Zurita). We worked really hard and found tons of people to teach! Truly, wherever we go there are people who are ready to hear the gospel. I have learned a lot this week from Hermana Zurita.

This week I have been thinking a lot about the reason behind why we do missionary work. Hermana Parreño and Presidente Parreño talked with us last week about how to keep our focus on the why of missionary work. During or zone meeting with our district leaders they also shared with us the purpose behind all the work that we do. In a talk called, "Why do we do missionary work" by Elder Oaks it says:

The doctrinal basis of missionary work is contained in the Savior’s statement to Nicodemus: “Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God” (John 3:5).

The “kingdom of God” referred to here is the celestial kingdom.

We do not preach and teach in order to “bring people into the Church” or to increase the membership of the Church. We do not preach and teach just to persuade people to live better lives. We honor and appreciate the many ministers and others who are involved in the kind of ministry that makes bad men good and good men better. That is important, but we offer something more. One can qualify for the terrestrial kingdom instead of the telestial kingdom without the aid of this Church. We are concerned with a higher destination.

The purpose of our missionary work is to help the children of God fulfill a condition prescribed by our Savior and Redeemer. We preach and teach in order to baptize the children of God so that they can be saved in the celestial kingdom instead of being limited to a lesser kingdom. We do missionary work in order to baptize and confirm. That is the doctrinal basis of missionary work.

What a wonderful calling it is to share the gospel with the people of Argentina!

I hope you all have a great week! I love you and pray for you everyday! Thank you for all your letters!!!

Love,

Hermana Susana Zubeldia

We worked in Hermana Zurita's area until late.
Look: my hair has grown a lot on the mission!!!
















My companion and I made lunch... I'm learning how to cook! :)















 My companion caught me playing the piano.
We use the planner all the time.
















Hermana Martinez and me.


No comments:

Post a Comment