Monday, August 18, 2014

Santa Rosa!

Dearest Family,

Bueno, Santa Rosa is a beautiful little city in the middle of the Provincia de la Pampa. Truly we are working hard and seeing lots of miracles.  Santa Rosa is very different than Tandil in many different ways.  First of all, the weather here is really hot! Today, after 5 months of wearing my heavy coat and thick tights we left our apartment in short sleeves and our hair tied up. Haha, yesterday I got sunburn because of the sun. Its only spring and I can only imagine what summer is going to be like here :) Also, La Pampa is known for the wind and it has definitely been windy here! I love the wind though.

I'm glad to hear that Sofia and Daniel like their braces! I can't believe that Soraya is now is Kindergarten! Please send pictures! Also, Levi have fun at Fairfield next week! Daniel, good luck at Davis! Guess what? The other missionary in my ward just got here to Argentina and he went to Davis. He knows Brianna Barlow. His name is Elder Swenson! Ask Brianna if she knows him. :)

Just like Pablo, I have been blessed to go to a city where a lot of Zubeldias live. In just my area there are about 2 Zubeldia Families. I haven't contacted them yet but don't worry, I definitely will be getting to it. Papi, next week can you send me a genealogy chart and names of your grandparents and their siblings? I want to contact the Zubeldias here and see the relationship! I am really excited! There is a Pablo Zubeldia here who is teacher to two youth in my ward!

This week we had a great experience with our Ward mission leader.  We went with him to contact a couple of his neighbors. We were able to find a young married couple who just over a year ago almost got baptized but didn't for some reason. With the mission leader we were able to enter and teach them again and they agreed to meet with us again.  We also were able to give one of his neighbors a Book of Mormon and they accepted to read it. We are seeing miracles here in Santa Rosa as we are starting to work with the members. There is such a Spirit here in the ward. We have already recieved many referrals from members of family and friends. This week we already have planned to go out with a couple of members.

I love being a missionary. Each day my testimony is strengthened of how wonderful the gospel of Jesus Christ is. This week, for the 12 week training program of my companion we have been studying the importance of the Book of Mormon.  I bear my testimony that when someone reads the Book of Mormon with real intent and prays about it that they WILL receive an answer. I confide in the promise given in Moroni 10.

The Book of Mormon is a volume of holy scripture comparable to the Bible. It is a record of God's dealings with ancient inhabitants of the Americas and contains the fullness of the everlasting Gospel.

The crowning event recorded in the Book of Mormon is the personal ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ among the Nephites soon after His resurrection. It puts forth the doctrines of the Gospel, outlines the plan of salvation, and tells men what they must do to gain peace in this life and eternal salvation in the life to come.

We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost. (See Moroni 10:3–5.)

Those who gain this divine witness from the Holy Spirit will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that Joseph Smith is His revelator and prophet in these last days, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the Second Coming of the Messiah.

I bear my testimony that I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that he restored the gospel of Jesus Christ back to the earth. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only church on the earth that holds the priesthood and has the AUTHORITY of Jesus Christ to perform the saving ordinances that help us return to live with our Heavenly Father again.  I know this is true because I have prayed about it and felt the peace of the spirit confirm to me that it is true.  I invite you all to continue to read the Book of Mormon and ask in prayer if it is true. If you do so, I promise that you too will know that Joesph Smith was a prophet of God.

I love you all so very much and I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Hermana Susana Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment