Monday, August 11, 2014

Good bye Tandil and Hello Santa Rosa!

Dear FAMILY!!

I've been transferred to Santa Rosa, Province of La Pampa! I am in Barrio 2 and my amazing new companion is Hermana Godoy from Paraguay! I am going to help finish her 12 week training. However she doesn't need it because she such a focused missionary and has such a love for the work. I am so excited to work with her and see and make tons of miracles this transfer.

My companion Hermana Burgos and I
Right now I am in the cyber cafe and the music playing is from the musical Wicked. The song is called "For good."  Listening to the lyrics it reminds me of each of my companions. The lyrics say, "I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason... bringing something we must learn to help us grow if we let them and help them in return."  Truly this is how I feel about my last companion Hermana Burgos. She truly taught me a lot through her service and humble character. Even though we were only together for a transfer I will always remember her and her service she rendered to the people of Tandil and to me.

I loved Tandil. It was hard to say goodbye to all of the wonderful members that made me feel like family and goodbye to our investigators. Tandil really is a LUGAR SOÑADO.  I want to come back and take you parents to visit all the wonderful people here. The 6 months I got to serve in Tandil taught me a lot about my purpose as a missionary. It tried me at all points but it strengthened my testimony as to the divinity of this wonderful work.

This week, due to some illness I wasn't able to work as much as I wanted to however, the time I was able to work was incredible. We were blessed to find many people to teach and blessed to have members accompany us in almost every lesson this week.

Walking to our lunch with the Romero family.
One of the many miracles that I witnessed this week was finding a referral given to us by a member. On Monday we had scheduled a FHE with a member and upon arriving she told us not to take off our coats because she wanted to introduce us to her neighbors. We met her neighbors and found out that this family 5 years ago almost got baptized but because of family challenges stopped meeting with the missionaries. The sons, five of them, were excited when we invited them to church. The member bore her testimony to them and the mother of this family started to tear up. She said that she was now ready to hear the missionaries again and go to church. I am so grateful to know that even when it seems that no one wants to hear our message there are always people who are willing to hear... we just need to find them and WORK WITH THE MEMBERS. In Tandil, I learned how to work with the members.

I love you all so very much. I am grateful to be a missionary to share this gospel with everyone I get to meet.

LOVE YOU.

Hermana Susana Zubeldia


Me, my companion and Alejo :)
The cutest little dog ever! He is 4 months old.


Last meal together with Hermana Burgos!!!
Look! I cooked this :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment