Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Valentines day from Argentina!!!

Dear Family,

I want to let you know how much I love you!! You are the greatest family in the whole Wide World. Everyday I look at the family Picture I have on my desk and I think of all the wonderful people I get to be related to!! 
  
This week was definetly bitter and sweet. Jorge, our investigator was bapitzed!!! Yesterday he was given the Gift of the Holy Ghost and he is now a member of the Church of Jesús Christ.  He was really happy! Hermana Pinnock and I found him like 3 months ago and hermana Asencios and I had the priviledge to teach him.   One of our other investigators, Marta, came to the baptism. She loved it.
   
The hard part of the week was attending the funeral of a dear member of our ward. Hermano Luis Tidei, patriarca and convert to the gospel passed away.  It was such a shock for me and my companion. Each Sunday I saw him walk hand in hand with his wife to church.  Each Sunday, he smiled at us and said, "how are you Hermanas Zubeldia and Asencios?"  Each Sunday I awaited his dear smile and hello.  At 90 years old, this man never missed a Sunday. In rain, heat, cold and humidity, he always made it to church, walking the 10 blocks with his wife or getting a ride. He was such a wonderful brother. His decision to join the church with his wife changad his whole family. He left a legacy, with one of his grandchildren about to leave on a mission. What a blessing it is to have the gospel to know that after this time on earth we continue on living.   I am so grateful for the knowledge of the plan of salvation to know that there is a purpose to us here on earth and that we can live with our Heavenly Father again as families. The funeral was amazing, the spirit very strong. 
   
Also, my companion is doing great!!! She is such a spiritual giant (as Mami would say).  She keeps on going despite the diffuculties and the challenges of the mission.  We worked hard this week and saw tons of miracles.
  
Yesterday as I was studying I came accross a question that I wanted to share with you.  The question is: "What will a man give in exchange for his soul?"  The Savior asks us to exchange our sins, big or small, for the Father's reward of eternal life.  Satan wants us to exchange our soul for a stolen candy bar, a crude joke and playing soccer on the sabbath. However, the Savior only asks us to give up what is tying us down and to follow him. In exchange, we are promised the reward of eternal life. 
  
I know that this gospel is true. It changes lives and helps lift people up to know that there is a way to change. Just like our convert Jorge said, "to know that these things are true gives me the assurance that there is a way to change and become better."

I love you all so very much!!! Thank  you for your letters and your love!!!!

LES QUIERO!!!!  Happy Valentines day!!!

Hermana Susana Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment