Monday, November 18, 2013

Castellano de Argentina...

Dear Family,

Thanks for the wonderful update.  This has been a great week for us! We have seen many miracles and have been blessed so much by the Lord.  We are teaching a man named Santiago and he has been prepared his whole life for the gospel.  Last Sunday, Hermana Pinnock and I didn't know where to go or what to do. It was 6 in the afternoon and no one was out in the streets. All of our plans had failed and so we decided to just contact in the streets.  We were in an area we hadn't planned to be in.  As we walked, this man, Santiago, stopped us and asked if we had a "folleto" (pamphlet) for him. After talking for 15 minutes he asked if we could meet with him in the church that week.  We were so excited!  After meeting with him twice this week at the church he came to church on Sunday and he loved it! He told us that he wants to get baptized and so we set a date for the 21 of December.  We also found out that his "pareja's" daughter is a less active member. This man studied 3 years to be a catholic priest but left the catholic church. He has attended many different churches and said that out of all the churches he has been to, only the Mormon Church has all the truth. I am so happy for him that he has found the Church of Jesus Christ and that we were placed in his path that Sunday afternoon. 

The Spanish is improving each day. Little by little I am learning and people are understanding me better.  I am picking up the "Castellano" accent because otherwise they don't understand me. Heavenly Father really is helping me to learn Spanish really fast. Sometimes its easier for me to speak in Spanish than in English with my companion.  
 
Congratulations Daniel on the indexing! You are an inspiration!!!
Levi, I am so glad that you have had a great week! Remember to keep up the good work.
Carlos, remember to wear your uniform each day to school. haha.
Sofia and Soraya, I am so proud of you for organizing your closet and your room! 
Pablo, I am praying for your and your investigators. remember why you choose to serve a mission.
Sarah, have fun with school, homework, dating and visiting the family when ever you want!!! I love you!
Mami, I hope you are feeling better! The best medicine is to smile and to serve someone.
Papi, good luck substituting this week in school!

Have a great time in Arizona for Thanksgiving!!!

Well, I hope you have a great week. Thank you for your prayers and for your love and for your letters. I am so grateful to be on the Lord's work here in Argentina.  I love this country, the people and of course their food.


Hermana Susana Zubeldia


View from the street in front of our apartment, last night, with a full moon.

With my companion, Hermana Pinnock
Talking with a recent convert while my companion is trying to entertain their 4 year old daughter. The 4 year old took this picture of us :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment