Monday, November 11, 2013

Another fun week in Argentina...

Dear Familia,

This has been an interesting and fun week. I have learned a lot about myself and about the importance of having unity in a companionship.

1. The packages came!! Thank you so much family for the wonderful letters, the candy, the chocolate chips, the peanut butter and the stickers!! My companions were so excited, especially for the peanut butter!  We opened the organic peanut butter and its probably going to be gone in the next two weeks. Also, thanks for the testimonies Sofia.  I have carried your testimony with me this week and have used it in a couple of my lessons to explain the simple power of the atonement and of repentance.  As I read your testimony the spirit filled the room and touched the hearts of those we were teaching.  I am going to continue sharing it with everyone. Also, the music you sent was great! We have been listening to it all week!

2. Maria accepted a baptismal date!! Maria is Graciella's (our recent convert) mom.  She has a strong desire to be baptized to change her life around.  She has seen the happiness in Graciella's life and wants to be happy again.  She didn't come to church this week but we are still meeting with her this week.  Church yesterday was really good. We had an investigator come unexpectedly.  He is in his 80s and he talked throughout the sacrament meeting.  I think he thought he was whispering but his voice was really loud.  My companion and I were sitting on the other side of the room and when he started talking we looked at each other, then looked at our bishop who was looking at us with a smile.  It was really funny. We moved over to sit by him and he stopped talking.  It was the Primary program this Sunday. I loved the simple testimonies of the children and how much they love the gospel. Jesus said, be as the little children.  It is true. They have simple but true and pure testimonies of the gospel.


3. We had Zone conference this week. I loved it!! The assistants asked my companion and I to bring an investigator to the conference so that we could practice teaching the lessons with them to help us ask good questions and to help us improve our teaching skills.  After teaching, the assistants asked the investigators what they had learned. For example, why is church attendance important? What role did Joseph Smith have in the restoration?.  It was really helpful.  We brought Graciella and her mom. The spirit was very strong as the missionaries taught them. Graciella and Maria both had tears in their eyes.  One of the elders right before the meeting brought in a street contact he had just made and they taught her the importance of church attendance. It didn't get any more real. The thing I learned the most in the Zone Conference was that practice is essential in missionary work and that learning to be a missionary is a life long process.  As we have the faith and reach out to others and share the gospel our abilities get stronger and our testimony grows. They will feel our testimony and know that what we are saying is true. Always share your testimony with everyone. You never know who is being prepared by the Lord.

Playing by candlelight The light is from the flash. I could barely see the keyboard.

4. I played the accordion! We were walking home one night and a lady who lives by us invited us in to hear her play music. We walked into her house and she brought out her accordion! She played the Jota, Spanish music, French music and music she had composed herself. She is 79 years old and taught herself. She also played the castañuelas for us! And it was all done by candle light!

5. I learned this week the power of Prayer.  We were having a rough day and didn't know what we needed to do to help our area move forward.  I sat on my bed and talked with Hermana Pinnock.  We didn't know what we were doing wrong or what we needed to do better. There is an Ensign article that I read that said that it might not be what we are doing wrong but what we aren't doing right.  My companion and I decided to turn to the Lord in prayer and ask for help.  The only thought that was going through my mind during the prayer was the song, "I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord." I know that as we keep going and do what the Lord wants us to do He will bless our work and one day we will see the fruit of our labor, in this life or in the next.  Just like Abinadi, he bore his testimony and never saw anyone baptized. Little did he know that his testimony touched the heart of Alma.  After the death of Abinadi, Alma had a change of heart and latter baptized thousands of people. As we put our faith in the Lord, pray for help, and go where he wants us to go we will be blessed. 

I am so glad you had a fantastic week! I have learned a lot this week and had a great time doing the Lords work! Daniel, I am glad you had a great Rhapsody performance. Levi, I hope it was fun seeing Mami and Papi at your Reality Town activy for school! I remember when I did Reality Town. Sofia and Carlos congratulations on your piano performance!! Sarah, I hope you are having a great time at BYU!! Mami, I hope you are feeling better and that today is a bright day! Papi, good luck substituting this week at school! Pablo, I love you! Katie, I hope you get all your art projects done this week!

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

Hermana Susana Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment