Monday, August 26, 2013

Hi Family! Week 5 in the mission Field!

Hi Family,

I am so glad to hear that you guys have had a fantastic week with school starting and your trip in New York!  What a great time you had in New York; seeing the Sacred Grove, Hill Cumorah, The Temple, Plays and the the Statue of Liberty!!!!  I can't wait to see pictures of your trip. Email them to me next week, or mail them, it doesn't matter.  Also, I would love to get some letters in the mail, hint hint ;) How long does it take to mail a letter?

We went bowling with our Zone. We had a blast!

Me and my Companions: Hermana McLaws and Hermana Cooper My district at our Zone Bowling Activity

I hope you have a great week now that almost everyone is in school now. Sarah, have fun next week starting COLLEGE!!  You will LOVE it!  Thanks for keeping me updated on everything back home. I love hearing about it!  And I hope you guys have fun with the Teacher from Barcelona. Its kinda weird that most of the teachers in the Spanish school aren't Mormon since we live in Utah.

Well, this has been a great week.  I have seen many miracles as we have found tons of people to teach.  We have been running into a lot of less active members on the streets and visiting a lot of less active families.  We also have been getting a lot of referrals from other missionaries.  Just this week we met with four people who have accepted a "soft" invite to be baptized!

Jordan's baptismal day!


Also, Jordan was Baptized!!!  The sisters here have been working with her for 3 months. She was so excited and happy after her baptism. :)  Nelson came to the baptism which was really exciting!  He seemed to really enjoy it.  He went to Church yesterday with the elders and then went with them to have dinner at a counselors home with a couple of other YSA members.   I can't wait for his baptism on September 14!  Its exciting to see the change in people's lives when they find and accept the gospel.

The work is going good.  This week, as a zone we beat the mission record in having the most investigators with baptismal dates-  27 total!  It was a good week.

Some of the sisters in my zone at the Stake Safety Fair

My companions are great!  We are learning to work together and to help each other.  Because there are three of us sometimes one of us (usually me) doesn't get to say much in the lessons.  We are trying to work together and equally teach the lesson.  Sometimes when my companions are taking over the lessons, I have to stop them and ask questions to see if the investigator is understanding what we are sharing.  To fix this problem, during companionship study we are practicing teaching the lessons and take turns and write down possible questions that we can use.  These practice lessons are really helping me learn how to work in a companionship of three :)  Each day I learn that there is so much for me still to learn and do better at.  I am having to be patient with myself.  :)

Me and Hermana McLaws and Hermana Bram (from Panama. She knows Fernando, Noemi and April!!!)

Life is busy with teaching, finding people, and driving all over the place.  The members are feeding us well.  We have dinner appointments with them each night this week.  Papi, last week when we were eating dinner at the bishops home I was talking with their grandma and she said that she works in the healthcare industry.  She was talking about Ingenix and how they were bought out by some company I don't remember.  It is great to understand what she was talking about (clearinghouses, providers, etc.)  I told her that you used to work at Ingenix.  :)

Sarah - Have fun at BYU! I am so glad that you had a great trip and that you are enjoying yourself. Be good and make more friends than the 11 DHS kids in your ward.
Daniel - Have a great time at school! Be a good kid!
Levi - I am glad to hear that you are having a good time at your new school.  Make some friends! and bring them over to the house.
Carlos - Make friends at the new school and then you can play with them and Zach together! That would be way fun!
Sofia - I am glad that you have a great teacher! Good job for trying out to be in the student council, that takes a lot of courage!
Soraya- Stay cute! I can't wait to see the picture you drew for me and Pablo

I love you guys so much!! I am also going to reiterate what Pablo said: READ THE BOOK OF MORMON!!  I know that when you read the Book of Mormon you will see blessings in your life as you apply what you learn from each day's reading. Also, my challenge is to pray each day for an opportunity to share the gospel.  I know that you will have the chance each day. Pray and look for the small opportunities to share!  Let me know how it goes this week.

I think of you everyday and I pray for you every night. Have a great week and remember that I love you so much! 

Love,

Hermana Susana Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment