Monday, July 14, 2014

The Rain, el Mundial, wind, and miracles in Tandil :)

Dear Family,

I am glad that Daniel and Levi are safe from their trip! I hope to see pictures next week!!! 

Hermana Burgos and I on a cold windy day.
Just like my dear sister Sarah, it has rained almost everyday this week here in Tandil. I just love it! Its kinda cold but its fun to contact with my companion. There aren't that many people outside but when there are we contact them! haha. 

Yesterday, Argentina played against Germany for the world cup championship. Because of the game, no one was outside. We didn't know what to do. We could either contact and have every door shut in our face or contact those in the streets (the few that there were). We had walked all afternoon and hadn't taught all day. 
 
The streets are totally empty. Everybody is watching the fútbol.
As we  walked we saw this woman in front of us walking slowly and we decided to talk to her. Talking to her was a miracle! Heavenly Father knows his children and puts us in the paths of those who need His help.  This lady told us that just 20 days ago her husband died and because she didn't want to be alone she had gone on a walk. We walked with her 4 blocks and told her of this wonderful plan of Salvation. I don't know if she will read the pamphlet we gave her but I do know that we were able to help her in that moment. Her tear stained face turned into a smile and a "Thank you-." I am grateful to be able to share this wonderful gospel.  

I am doing great!!!  This week was a great week full of miracles and wonderful people met. I find that each day on the mission is different. Its hard, actually, this has been some of the hardest two weeks here in Tandil. We have had a hard time helping our investigators progress and feel the desire to pray. Sometimes I wonder why becoming converted is so difficult, for us and for the people we meet.  I am realizing that the first thing people need to do to know if this is THE church of Jesus Christ is by reading the Book of Mormon. 

Yesterday during church the theme was baptism and the book of Mormon. A brother talked about becoming converted through reading the book of Mormon. I really liked what he talked about because it was what my companion and I needed to hear.  In the scripture guide it says that a testimony is to have knowledge.  However, having knowledge doesn't mean we have a testimony. The only way to have a testimony is to ask God in prayer. To strengthen our testimony we need to daily study the scriptures and then ask God if its true. Otherwise, our knowledge is just knowledge. As we read the Book of Mormon we will gain scripture knowledge, but its when we ask in sincerity and faith that that knowledge becomes real.  I know this is true. I have always had a knowledge of the Book of Mormon but its been through my study  of it during the mission that I have really gained my personal testimony. I have asked in prayer and I will continue to ask in prayer. I am grateful for this wonderful book because it has helped me see that my Heavenly Father has a plan for each one of us. Life does have purpose.

I hope that this week you all can continue to read the Book of Mormon. If you haven't read it before, I encourage you to start. After reading, pray to know if what you read is true. If you do, I promise you that you will know for yourself through the Holy Ghost that the Book of Mormon is the word of our Father in Heaven. 

I love you all! Have a great week! Thanks for your letters!!!

Hermana Zubeldia
 
 Tandil, our area.












Last P-day we went to La Movediza. It's a rock! jaja











Hermana Burgos and I















Some days are really cold in Tandil.












Tandil by night. It is so cold that nobody wants to step out on the street.











Even on Saturday, before the fútbol final, there was nobody on the streets. And yes... Argentina got second in the world cup... everyone broke the sabbath here to watch the game! bummer....














La familia Correa

This picture reminds me of Jerusalem!

This week.
Look! There is a licor named 8 Hermanos!! I had to take a pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment