Monday, July 21, 2014

A whole year serving the Lord

Dear Family,

What a fantastic week down here in Tandil, Argentina!  I can't believe how fast the time is flying. I feel that each day just goes by and the weeks even faster. This week I have been on the mission a whole year! In just 5 months I will be home celebrating with you all! Where does the time go? 

I have been reflecting this week on the past year here in Argentina. When I started the mission I didn't know what to expect. I knew everyone told me it was the best two years of their life and that they learned a lot. I knew it was going to be hard and that it was going to be a challenge. I started the mission expecting the unexpected and it truly has been nothing like I have imagined. It has been better than I had dreamed. 

This week I had an incredible experience that reminded me why I decided to serve a mission and the purpose to serve.  We were knocking on doors as usual and not many people were opening their doors to us. At one door we started talking to a young man (about 25 years old) about the restoration of the gospel. Because he was evangelical and a student in History we started to talk about the history in the Bible and the history of the prophets. My companion and I testified to him that there IS a prophet of God on the earth again and that he can know by asking our Heavenly Father in prayer. He said he would, and he gladly accepted to offer the closing prayer. After we left, my companion and I had the feeling that we should have invited him to baptism. We stopped walking, turned around and walked back to his house. I rang the door bell and immediately the young man opened the door. He looked at us and said,"¿si?" At that moment I felt the Spirit fill my body and my companion confidently invited him to be baptized if he received an answer to his prayers. He said no, but that he would pray and then see. Even though he said no, my companion and I left his house the second time feeling the Spirit in our hearts and we knew that we had done what we were supposed to do. Sometimes its hard to testify to people because of the fear of what they might say or reject our invitations. However, as we confidently trust in the Lord he will put in our hearts, minds and mouths what we need to say.  I am so grateful that we returned to this young man's house and testified to him a second time. 

We are teaching a lot of people. This weekeend, our friend, Priscilla, a 9 year old girl is getting baptized! Her family has come back to church and we have had the wonderful opportunity to help her prepare for baptism. I am really happy for this family and for the wonderful blessings they are and will receive.  The gospel has already been blessing this small yet wonderful family.  

This morning I was reading in Enos and I wanted to share with you all the last words that Enos writes. He says,

"Y me regocijo en el día en que mi ser mortal se vestirá de inmortalidad, y estaré delante de Él; entonces veré su faz con placer, y Él me dirá: Ven a mi, tu, que bendito eres; hay un lugar preparado para ti en las mansiones de mi Padre.´´
  
What a wonderful knowledge that Enos had as he was considering what was going to happen after this life. I think that each of us can also have this hope that if we do all that we can in this life and follow our Savoir by keeping his commandments we can have with a sure hope, just like Enos, that we can be with our family again in the presence of our Heavenly Father. 

I am so grateful to get to share this wonderful hope with the people here in Argentina.

I hope you all have a great week! I love you!

Hermana Zubeldia

No comments:

Post a Comment