Monday, September 23, 2013

Life in Villa Mitre I

Dear Family,

This week has been really cold and wet. Yesterday was the first day of Spring here and apparently it is supposed to be getting warmer but everyone is telling us that it is going to rain some more this week. I am keeping cold though so don't worry. The jacket that I brought has been a life saver.  I am going to have to buy boots though because I don't want my shoes to get ruined in the rain.

I learned a lot this week about the importance of having faith and not letting things get you down.
 
We have had a hard time this week finding people to teach.  It seems like everyone is too busy to listen and they don't see a need to be happier than they already are.  Well, after having a hard week a miracle happened yesterday.  Hermana Silva and I were walking to visit a referral we had received when the phone rang.  Our zone leader said that we needed to go to the church because they were waiting to meet with us.  We didn't know what he meant, but we walked the 6 blocks to the church. As we entered, I saw my entire district, all 6 other elders waiting for us.  My entire district had come to help me and my companion find people to teach.  For 3 hours we went contacting.  Yesterday, we found a total of like 30 people that we can teach this next week! The elders all came to help us find people to teach. I am so grateful for the missionaries here who help us.  We are all in the work together.  It was a blessing for me.  We found more people yesterday than we have the entire time I've been here. 

I also met a man who knows someone with the last name of Zubeldia here in Bahía Blanca.  He didn't remember where the man lived but he said there are a lot here. Its my goal to find them and teach them the gospel!!! You know what people say to pronounce my name?? They say, SUBE EL DÍA really fast. haha, I am the light that is bringing them gospel and raising their day!
 
The mail system here should be working now so I should be getting letters soon.  I don't know when the package will come though... I'll let you know when it does.  Also, dearelder.com works here.

Sarah, I am glad that you had a good time at the football game.  I didn't really enjoy the games because I find them boring. Its fun though to be with friends and spend Friday with them eating ice cream.  How was Brooke's bridal shower? I can't believe that she is getting married!! I am so happy for her.  Let me know how the wedding goes and please send pictures!! Too bad that Brooke won't have Pablo, Brittany and Me in the pictures, they would have been better if we were there. :)
 
Daniel, I am glad that you are becoming the big kid in the home.  Isn't it great to be the oldest?? You can boss people around and assign chores or delegate chores :)  What song are you singing in your recital this week? Good luck on it. I am so glad to hear that you are doing well in school and that you are enjoying being in Rhapsody.  Are you still doing indexing? Who won the contest?
 
Levi, I am glad to hear that you have Life in you. It would be really cool if you got your Eagle Scout before you were a teacher.  If you want to do that you need to start really working on it and being diligent.  Just like violin, you need to work on it often. How do you like your new violin teacher in our ward? She is really nice. Did you know that she also went to BYU Jerusalem? She also served a mission in Korea.  Before I left on my mission she went out with me and Aja to teach some families in our ward.  I will be praying for your muscle spasm pain. I am sorry to hear that your back is hurting. My feet are hurting too because we walk all day long.  Also, what do you do in the Nerd Club??
 
Carlos, that is great that you made friends with Zach's cousin! Now you can play with Zach and his cousin all together. I will also pray for your head that you will feel better soon. 
 
Sofia,You are a great missionary! You should take a Book of Mormon to school and give it to your teacher, I bet she would accept it and read it if you gave it to her.  I am also impressed that you are helping around in the home with Soraya and making breakfast. You remind me a lot of when I was a little girl.  Keep up the good work!! And you are playing "Teach me to walk in the light" from the big green hymn book?! That is incredible! Way to go! You will do great.  
 
Soraya, keep being cute! I love to hear all of the funny and witty comments that you make. I wish I could hear them in person, but I guess I will just have to imagine you saying them.  And yes, God's greatest creation is you (and also all the siblings)! You definitely should say that in the primary program!

Thank your for your letters! I love to re-read your letters throughout the week.  I think of you each day as I share the gospel.  Its amazing the difference the gospel makes in the home. Going from an investigator's home to a member's home is such a drastic change.  To feel the love and unity brings me comfort and joy and reminds me of how much I love you.

And don't worry. I am staying safe at all times. Don't worry about the robbers.  We aren't allowed to wear purses or bring bags with us, just in case.  All I carry around are my scriptures. The members are feeding us.  They make sure we have a meal with them everyday.

And like Pablo said, CONFERENCE IS COMING!! I am really excited! We are also inviting everyone to come and hear a prophet speak and feel for themselves the power of the prophets and how important it is to have a prophet hoy en dia :) 

I LOVE you SO MUCH!!!

Write to you next week

Hermana Zubeldia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment