Monday, December 1, 2014

Message of the week

Dear Family,

We made tons of popcorn this week!!

This week we had lunch with Moira and her dear family!!! They are progressing so well and are feeling the Spirit in their lives. I can't believe how much they have changed these past 4 weeks. They still need to get married but they are working on it right now. We also had lunch with Oscar, another investigator. He invited us and a sister (Hermana Estella Maldonado) in the ward over on Saturday. He made us canalones, and I have to say that they were the best canalones I have had on the whole mission!!! They were absolutely delicious!!! We also went to have lunch with a sister in our ward who just had surgery. She taught us how to make pasta using the empanada dough! They were super good :) This week we had some great lunches! We aren't going hungry at all!

And the best part of the week... Oscar, our investigator, is getting baptized this weekend!!! Oscar, 20 years ago, almost got baptized. Because of some personal events, he wasn't able to. But a month ago, Hermana Godoy and I found him outside his house. We started talking to him and he invited us over again. That was a day before Hermana Godoy left. When Hermana Barker came, we continued to visit Oscar. He has progressed so much. He has stopped smoking and is reading the Book of Mormon. I am so happy to see how much he sees himself changing. He defends us when his friends come over and tells us how much peace he feels at the church. He is so excited to get baptized!!! Tonight we have an FHE with him and a member family. Its going to be great!!

I am so happy to share this gospel. I love to see the change it makes in the lives of those we meet. The change that occurs is that people start to recognize the Holy Ghost and feel their faith growing. I have seen this time and time again as people read and pray about the Book of Mormon. My brother Pablo always talks about the power of the Book of Mormon. Some may say its just another book. But the truth is far from that. This book contains the words of God. The God who created this earth. He has given us instructions on how to return to him and how to have faith on that path. His instructions are contained in the Book of Mormon.

I invite all of you to read this book and ask our Heavenly Father in prayer with REAL intent to know if it is true. I promise you as a Representative of the Savior that you will feel the spirit inside of you tell you of its truthfulness. I know that The Book of Mormon is the word of God. Just like the bible, this book testifies that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior of the World, my Savior, and your Savior.

I hope you all have a great week! I love you!

Hermana Susana Zubeldia

The true Church!
Look...a member gave me a grass head!!! its growing! :)
Hermana Barker, yo, Hermana Morgan y Hermana Williams
My companion and I waiting for the bus In the colectivo
Waiting for another bus.
Sooo cute!

Adventures of Hermana Barker and Hermana Zubeldia....

No comments:

Post a Comment